Friday, May 20, 2011

It's almost summer!

Well,  we went to Florida for a week and boy was it beautiful.  One whole week of eating in restaurants!  Kissimmee area is very ethnic.  We had a lot of carribean food.  Never had fried yucca before,  but it was delicious.  Made in the shape of a big french fry!  The weather was breathtaking too.  I never remember being in Florida in May when the weather was so balmy and beautiful.  Walked along the water and just adored the sunshine.  Got off the plane to 50 degrees and gloomy here in Chicago!  It never seemed to bother me before,  but this time, I really didn't like coming to this climate and coming home!!  Oh well,  back to reality as they say.  Time to start cooking again - I did miss it.....can you believe it?  Yesterday I tried a chicken recipe that really wasn't too good.   I think it needed more liquid to make it moister.  Tropical Chicken was made with coconut breaded chicken over rice with pineapple cheese sauce with toasted pecans on top.  The taste was good,  but the lack of moisture turned me off!  On to bigger and better things....

No comments:

Post a Comment