Thursday, June 23, 2011

A great night for chicken soup!

OK, so it's June 23 and it's about 50 degrees and rainy outside!  This is great soup weather.  My husband requested chicken soup so I had chicken in the freezer and thought I'd make some.  I made the most delicious chicken dumpling soup that my sister Mary gave me the recipe for.  WOW!  It was fantastic.  I didn't take a picture of it, probably because we ate it so fast, but it was wonderful.
Cooked the chicken in water, peeled the meat off the bones.  Cooked it again in chicken stock added to the chicken water along with onions, carrots and celery.   When the veggies were cooked soft,  I added about 1/2 cup of the thinnest noodles I could find, they sort of actually dissolve and make the soup thicker.  Last, the delicious dumplings.  Bisquick and milk!  Drop dumplings in the soup and boy oh boy, you have the most delicious soup you ever would want to eat!!    Thank you my dear sister Mary for your great recipe.  You are my mentor when it comes to cooking...  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment