Monday, June 27, 2011

Meatless Monday

Today was a beautiful day.  I didn't know what to make for dinner.  I found a bag of salad shrimp in the freezer and remembered I had bought flour torillas last week.  WaLa!  Why not shrimp tacos?  Never made them before so I experimented.
I sauteed 1/2 onion in olive oil in skillet.
Added the shrimp.  Let them simmer
Added some cajun spice about 1 1/2 tsp, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
Cut up a tomato, shredded some cheese, shredded some lettuce, and pulled out the sour cream.
Heated the tortilla in a skillet, filled them with the shrimp mixture and topped them with the condiments. 
Served it with black beans and rice on the side.  What a delicious, quick dinner my husband loved.
I'm getting so good with quick meals.  I forget to plan ahead sometimes and have to improvise... 

No comments:

Post a Comment