Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A quick delicious Goulash!

I was gone most of the day yesterday and when I came home,  my husband was hungry!  Luckily, before I left the house,  I put a piece of round steak in the crock pot with an onion, and water to slow cook all day.

By the time I got home,  it was really tender and done.  I decided to add some stuff to make a Goulash!
Never made this before, but remember the delicious taste of goulash I've had in restaurants, so,  I improvised and created a great tasting dish.  All I did was add a little water to the crock pot,  then put in about 1/4 cup of brown sugar, about 1/4 cup of ketchup, and 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.  Stirred it up and let it cook about 10 more minutes on high,  while I boiled up some wide noodles.  Drained the noodles,  added the Goulash,  added papprika, salt and pepper and boy, oh boy, it was great!  My friend dropped in and had some along with us and agreed it was a fast, easy, delicious meal.  Sometimes things work out well..  Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment