I'm so much in the spirit of Halloween now, I just can't stop making things with pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin pecan pie and I just tried pumpkin biscotti! Delicious!
1 box spice cake mix
1 cup flour
1 stick butter melted
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Combine cake mix, flour, 2 eggs, melted butter, pumpkin, and spices and mix until dough comes together, about 2 minutes.
3. Divide dough into two pieces and transfer to cookie sheet.
4. Shape into two rectangle logs - approximately 1 inch high.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Slice each rectangle into 1/2 inch thick slices. I usually cut them on an angle to get a good cookie.
7. Lay each slice on their side and bake 5 minutes more. Cool completely.
8. Use frosting glaze tinted orange to drizzle over biscotti.
These are great for dunking in your favorite cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy!