Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Night Treat!

Well what's for dinner tonight?  Didn't go grocery shopping for the week yet,  so lets see what we have on hand.   2 heads of fresh cauliflower,  about 1 cup of heavy cream (left over from the tiramisu), shredded colby and cheddar cheese and elbow macaroni.   Hmmmm,  ok,  I'll use up the cauliflower before it spoils, boil some elbow macaroni, and make something out of it. 

Got the cauliflower nice and soft in boiling water first.  Boiled the macaroni.  Mixed them together in a casserole dish,  added salt and pepper and granulated garlic.  Melted about 1 T butter and mixed it with the cream.  Poured it over the pasta mixture.  Loaded the whole thing with about 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.  Mix all and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Well,  I made somethng new.  Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.  Boy it was tasty...I never made this before, but I will make it again.  My husband loved it.  He said it would have been great as a side with some fish or coconut shrimp.  I think he's right.  But tonight we only indulged in this wonderful cauliflower mac and cheese casserole all by itself......

No comments:

Post a Comment